Last month, the husband and I went with a group of friends to Vegas. Both of us have been quite a few times, and we always have a blast. I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite Vegas experience.
- Head to Old Vegas to do a little gambling. The tables have lower minimums, and the atmosphere is a lot of fun. I’d never been to Fremont Street until this trip, and it’s a must for me now.
- Cirque shows are always kind of awe-inspiring. My favorite is the Beatles show – LOVE.
- Pools. If you’re there in the summer, spend time at the pool. The people watching is always worth it. You will see things you can’t unsee.
- The club scene in Vegas is kind of pretentious and very expensive – but it’s something to see. If you’ve never been, you should definitely try it out. Tao is good one to start with. Grab a late dinner there and then, head inside the club. You may even spot a celeb.
- Brunch at Mesa Grill is absolutely delicious. Try a signature margarita and any of Bobby Flay’s fantastic breakfast dishes.
- The Henry at the Cosmopolitan has the most amazing signature eggs Benedict with short ribs (short ribs!). This was a recommendation from a friend, and it was truly delicious.
- Julian is a wonderful tapas restaurant. Our group tasted a ton of dishes while we were there. Some favorites were the scallops, stuffed dates and risotto, but really you can’t go wrong.
- Mario Batali has a number of restaurants in Vegas. Some are outrageously expensive, but I really like Otto Enoteca. It’s really good and has a wide range of prices.
- I’ve stayed at a bunch of places on the Strip. My favorites have been the Paris, Mandalay Bay (the pool is wonderful) and The Palazzo.