When I wrote last year’s fall list, I didn’t know I was having a baby. A few weeks later, I found out I was pregnant. Between the nausea and rapid changes, I was exhausted. I think I did about two things on that list.
Last fall was both exciting and terrifying and that might be why I’m craving something quiet this year. This year, I’m looking forward to time spent with friends and family, watching Miss E. grow and making some time for these things:
1. Decorate pumpkins.
2. Take long walks outside.
3. Dress the baby up for her first Halloween.
4. Perfect my fall wardrobe.
5. Learn how to make Indian food.
6. Find some time to read a book (I have three picked out: Death Comes to Pemberly, Gone Girl and Messy. Wish me luck.).
7. Drink hot toddies and red wine.
8. Bake my first loaf of bread.
9. Enjoy the new fall T.V. shows.
10. Eat apples and squash.
11. Visit an apple orchard.
12. Place mums on my front porch and try desperately not to kill them.
13. Roast pumpkin seeds.
14. Plant bulbs.
15. Watch black and white movies at home with popcorn.
What are you looking forward to this fall?
In other non-fall related news, you have to try these fudgesicles while it’s still warm out. They are so easy and delicious. Plus, they have just 49 calories a piece. You just throw the ingredients in a blender, mix and freeze. (Please disregard my messy kitchen.)