A month ago, I posted some of our baby essentials. While I still love all of those products, I have a few updated items to share with you. All of these things are helping to make our lives a little easier.
1. The Wubbanub – It has ridiculous name, but don’t let that discourage you. Basically, it’s a soothie pacifier with a stuffed animal attached to it. Babies can have a hard time keeping a pacifier in their mouth by themselves, so someone has to hold it for them. This can be difficult to do without a third arm. The Wubbanub is great, because the added weight from the stuffed animal helps Elliott keep it in her mouth (most of the time). Also, now that she’s a little older, she likes to cuddle it a little, which is pretty cute.
2. Boppy Changing Pad Liners – So, I registered for these and then, after receiving them, didn’t think they would work with my changing pad cover, because it wasn’t a Boppy. Luckily, I had kept them, so when I saw one being used at my friend Julee’s house, I realized it would work just fine with any changing pad. Before using this little gem, I was washing her cover several times a week (She spits up constantly). But, now, I can just throw the liner in the wash. It’s so much simpler.
3. Skip Hop Diaper Bag – This was a recommendation from Megan, and I love ours. We went with a gender neutral look, so the husband could carry it without trading in his man card. It has wonderful pockets, which help in locating things quickly and separating clean from dirty. It is also roomy enough to fit everything we need for short trips outside the house.
4. Munchkin Arm and Hammer Bags – These little scented trash bags are perfect for trips outside the house. Dirty diapers don’t smell quite so badly when cloaked in lavender.
5. Trumpette Socks – This last item is not an essential, but I am obsessed. We have just a few pairs (little flats with bows), but I have my eye on quite a few styles. If you are having a boy, do not despair. They have styles for boys and girls.