So far, I’ve made great progress on my Spring Wishlist. Here’s the update on what I’ve done so far.
Make olive oil and maple granola. – I made this a few times, and it is delicious on its own or mixed into plain yogurt.
2. Clean out my garden, which is kind of a disaster. – Started on this. I have two beds left, but have made decent progress
3. Go on walks outside. – I’ve taken a few, but not nearly enough.
Get someone’s nursery ready. – This is done! Mostly. We’re missing a mattress, and her bedding is on my back order, but the room is pretty charming. I’m looking forward to sharing photos of it with you.
6. Find the perfect spring nail polish. – I love this one, but am still on the hunt.
Watch The Hunger Games. I thought it was a great adaptation of the book and cant’ wait to see the next two.
Take a trip with friends. – This year, we took a trip to Chicago for St. Patty’s Day with a big group of friends. It was a lot of fun, which was due in large part to having a pregnant partner in crime.
9. Buy some sandals. – Given that my feet have transformed into hooves, I am tabling any shoe purchases until I have this baby.
Make an olive oil cake. This recipe is pretty wonderful. I skipped the compote, because it seemed like too much fuss for just the husband and I. The flavor is great, but in my opinion, it tastes best the day you make it.
11. Eat pea puree and salmon.
12. Go on a strawberry bender. I think it’s time to find the perfect shortcake recipe. – Strawberries are not quite in season here, le sigh.
Check out Mark Bittman’s Food Matters. – I adore this book. Lots of wonderful ideas and recipes. I’m planning to do a full review in the coming weeks.
14. Make plans for a new vegetable garden.
Hit up The Gap for some miniature DVF wrap dresses.
Add some pansies to my front porch. I finally pitched the dead mums, which have been decorating our stoop since last fall. Yes, really, last fall. It was getting pretty ridiculous.
How have you been celebrating spring?