Is summer flying by for anyone else? I feel like I blinked, and it’s almost August. I haven’t made the best progress on my list, but I don’t think I care that much. I spent June really just enjoying my summer. I read a lot, which has been great and have accomplished a few things.
The next few months are going to be busy, so I’ve tried to take advantage of this time with little going on by doing absolutely nothing. Isn’t that what summer is all about anyway?
Try my hand at canning. I’ve picked up a few books on this, Tart & Sweet and Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It: And Other Cooking Projects, but have been too nervous to try it so far.I did it! I made jam, blueberry honey jam, from the Tart & Sweet cookbook. I have four jars at my house. Who’s dying to try it?
- Make a batch of popsicles, using these.
- Eat lots of plums, peaches and nectarines.
- Dine on egg sandwiches with fresh tomatoes and this basil mayo.
- Harvest vegetables from my garden. (My plants are dying. This one might not happen this year. I haven’t been as committed to watering as I should be. Also, my lawn has been invaded by chipmunks who’ve killed my desire to garden. Maybe next year?)
Decorate my toes with shockingly bright polish.(Orange!)
- Treat myself to a summer blockbuster on a weekday afternoon.
Work on my tan. (I could pass for Edward Cullen’s sister right now.)I’m not Snooki’s color, but I don’t look like an extra for Vampire Diaries either.
- Try to bring back the spritzer.
- Find some new jewels to perk up my summer basics and a cute hat that fits my big head. (I’m not fishing for compliments. My head is very round, which makes it hard to find hats that fit.) – Kind of, just not what I’d planned on. (Earrings and bracelets) The hunt continues.
Take a trip or two.I haven’t taken them, but these are booked. The first is a bachelorette party in Chi-Town.
- Perfect my BBQ skills.
Go to a few concerts.I have one this weekend, Kenny Chesney and the Zac Brown Band. Read.See here.
my closetand our storage room.