Summer officially starts this week, and I can’t wait for long days, flip flops and time outside with friends. Here’s my new wishlist, but with a summer spin.
- Try my hand at canning. I’ve picked up a few books on this, Tart & Sweet and Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It: And Other Cooking Projects, but have been too nervous to try it so far.
- Make a batch of popsicles, using these.
- Eat lots of plums, peaches and nectarines.
- Dine on egg sandwiches with fresh tomatoes and this basil mayo.
- Harvest vegetables from my garden.
- Decorate my toes with shockingly bright polish.
- Treat myself to a summer blockbuster on a weekday afternoon.
- Work on my tan. (I could pass for Edward Cullen’s sister right now.)
- Try to bring back the spritzer.
- Find some new jewels to perk up my summer basics and a cute hat that fits my big head. (I’m not fishing for compliments. My head is very round, which makes it hard to find hats that fit.)
- Take a trip or two.
- Perfect my BBQ skills.
- Go to a few concerts.
- Declutter my closet and our storage room.